Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Little More Mexico

Here are a few photos of where we spent the last 7 nights - on Playa Sanispac (I'll need to go check that spelling, but I'm too lazy right now...), just south of Mulege. My kayak FINALLY got wet. I believe Liz may have posted a picture of it's maiden launch on her blog. And these are my two pictures of Liz in her Kayoo (a 12' hard-sided kayak that weighs in at just 12 pounds).

The beach was an amazing place to buying all sorts of "necessities" - fruits, vegetables, drinking water, bric-a-brac, carpets, blankets, bowls, pastries, eggs - you get the picture - just about anything you could want is hand delivered to your door. And the prices are reasonable. Alas, however, no Pedros presented themselves. 




 The beach out my door in the mornings...


And in the afternoon...


 The longer view from my little area of beach.



Beth launching her little kayak...


We took a trip to town (Mulege) early in the week. Of course, eating was involved. I ended my eating day by ordering a cup of Pina Colada ice cream...there was so much rum in this ice cream that it would have most likely been illegal to serve it to a minor!


Please note that the others are taking pictures of the food that was just delivered...


After 7 nights, we moved on today (Tuesday, January 7) to Loreto - the Rivera Del Mar RV Park. A delightfully non-sandy RV park right in the middle of town. Laundry, clean showers/toilets, wi-fi, a lovely "communal sitting area, AND full hook-ups - all for the nice price of USD18/night. 

All of our rigs, right in a row...


Looking toward the office...


The background, to the right, is the little communal area, and the yellow building in background left is the shower/toilet house. Abby was keeping her eye on me. Speaking of Abby, Tina was kind enough to bring over her grooming table and help me (actually, she did most of it) groom the filthy beast. She was really starting to look pretty rough. Now, she's ugly, to boot!! 


We all got settled in, did some laundry, and Tina and I marched to town for some food. Beth and Liz had already eaten. I did not have breakfast this morning. Tina graciously agreed to go for pizza!! (believe it or not, I'm kinda sick of seafood...)

The pizza was DELICIOUS - wood fired AND they had anchovies!!! I was in heaven. And we both had a little extra touch of heaven in their use of FRESH GARLIC. I can't even imagine how my breath smells about now. Thank goodness I haven't found my Pedro!




And that about wraps it up for this evening...please go see the other ladies' blogs - they are much better at it, and there might be some pictures of me, for anyone who cares to see. I need to go see if Liz published my kayak's maiden launch...

'Night, all! 
Love you.

Oh, I need to get up and close my door - I think the temp has dropped to around 68 or so. Brrrrrr. 

And another Oh...our dinner last night - shrimp fresh off the boat - Liz cooked them in garlic and butter - salad, and rice and beans. It was so delicious!












2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!! You are really deep in Baja, camping on the beach, eating fresh caught shrimp, etc! I am having a lot of fun following you and the others -- keep on having new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Mitch! Glad you're having a good time and Abby is keeping you in line. ;)

    ReplyDelete