Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sharon Ain't No Pimp

So, the RZR ride was great fun. After several minutes, I realized Sharon was not going to kill us, even though she has been known to roll her machine...

Then her hot water heater broke, with a houseful of women set to arrive the next day. Bam, that girl was off to Lowe's, back in 45 minutes with a new heater and had her son and his helper install it immediately. Now that's what I call service. I want those boys to live next door to me!!

Because of the efficiency of Sharon's "network", we still had time to make it to the Valley View Casino. New "players" get a free ($32.95 value) lobster buffet. The last time I partook of a casino buffet (Paula Dean's somewhere in Tunica), the food was awful. This buffet was delicious!

We had lobster and prime rib (cooked perfectly, which is unusual on a buffet), coconut shrimp, shrimp on a stick, salads galore, vegetables of every sort, delicious mac & cheese (I treated myself to a tablespoon of the stuff) and desserts that you can't imagine - an entire side of the dessert area was sugar-free stuff. I had TWO (count 'em - TWO) waffle ice cream cones with sugar-free butter pecan ice cream. The second one only had ONE scoop, but I added caramel. YUM. It was so worth it, even as my stomach protested at 2:00 in the morning with a vicious bout of heart-burn.

As a side note, while standing in line for the buffet, there was a semi-good-looking Hispanic guy in front of us, with what appeared to be his elderly parents. I leaned over to Sharon and asked if she would ask if his name was Pedro. Her reply - "I'm not pimpin' for you." Thanks a lot, friend!

I lost forty bucks, and had a great time doing it.

Liz, Tina, and Lyn arrive today. Oh, the pups (all 7 of 'em) are going to have a ball in this large, fenced yard!

Sorry, but no cameras were hurt in the making of this post...they weren't hurt OR used!




1 comment: