Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Look, Ma - I'm A Junior Ranger!

Carlsbad Caverns was awesome, although you'd have to ask the lower half of my body to get the full story. Tina and I opted to take "the natural opening" down, leaving the elevators to the sissies. Was it worth the resulting pain in my hips, thighs, knees, and calves? Hell, yes - we ain't no stinkin' sissies! Those elevator sissies missed an incredible amount of beauty and narrative from the electronic Park Ranger.

The photo below is known as The Whale's Mouth.

  



Abby and I are FINALLY warm. It was 78 in Tuscon today. I couldn't get my jeans off fast enough (I know I've said THAT before, but it's been decades) We are very happy today. I decided to check in here (Catalina State Park, Tucson) for 4 nights to just enjoy the warmth and some relaxation. 








4 comments:

  1. You've got better legs then me. Did you come up the same way?
    Glad you're finally into some warm weather. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha - the same way! Barely made it to the elevator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jeans comment made me spill my coffee -- thank goodness it did not get on the keyboard. You are definitely entertaining your fans!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took my legs 2 weeks to get over the walk down and that was 25 years ago. Enjoy the the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete